The One

~

My

Tub.

~~~

©Robyn Lee

1. Nikunj

A tub that signifies beyond the splash …
    That encompasses the the alpha and sigma
    That releases joy like an infinite sign wave of ecstasy ….
    You magnetise me with your thoughts ….I am glad to have found your metaphors …

August 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

• Yes Nikunj~ the tub is my ‘sanctuary’ in many ways. This was a slight attempt at some humor – but there is also an element of devotion here that is rather personal too :). Very happy you enjoyed it ~ and truly appreciate your lovely words tonight ~ RL

August 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

2. Oh how fantastic and how funny and unexpected. How did you do that photo – it’s so weird and effective and a bit scary!

August 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

• Thank you Julie… I worked on this one for a bit… you know how I feel about my tub!!! 🙂
      Oh – The photo — was really easy – unplanned too. I was doing my ritual bath thing – and had my i phone playing soothing music right next to me, and then noticed the mirror reflection. I took a few shots, not knowing I would soon be writing a devotional poem to my tub~ LOL! Once I had the idea, it possessed me. Guess I needed the distraction… glad you liked – and hope made you smile too 🙂 Lovexo

August 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

• It’s wonderful!
        We don’t have a bathtub – only a shower.

August 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

• Thank you dearest Julie! I know – you once told me this (no tub) …. we need to do something about that!! Did you walk on the beach yet? xo

August 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

• Nup – going now to pick up Ants from his nursing home to visit Arthur in his nursing home, both of which are on the beach. I think I’m in a comic strip – ha!

August 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM

• I feel exactly that way too at times… can’t be real kind of thing… Go smell the salt-water!! I insist 🙂 xo

August 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM

• Ok – I will report back – hehe!

August 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM

3. that is awesome! i had no idea until the end!

August 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

• ooo so glad to hear that Buck… I know it will be a give-away if you use the “Reader” as the photo is shown, but not in the email notifications… So glad you enjoyed ~ 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

• ha sneaky, it was great! you know i don’t even know how to use the reader..lol i actually wonder how many blogs i follow through it that i don’t know about…lol

August 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

• I just started…it’s a bit easier as less emails to open. So far do like it! 🙂 xo

August 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM

4. Lovely and funny poem Robyn… I could also sense deep emotions within… which is probably why I like it so much! Great shot as well! Thanks!

August 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM

• 🙂 So glad you liked it poojycat … yes — funny and yet solemn too in many ways. You got it ~ Thank you kindly!!

August 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

5. ha! You tease! Honestly, I was trying to figure out what you were leading up to. oh I can relate!

August 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

• LOL! ~ gotta have a little giggle on this blog – ya know?!! Though I do LOVE my tub – heading there right now 🙂 xo Thanks Jane~

August 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

6. very nice..the ending was surprising though..didn’t expect the tub:)) Have a nice weekend:)

August 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

• 🙂 Thanks nightlake– glad you were able to enjoy the surprise. The photo of tub shows up on the “Reader” but not in Emails — so fun that some will get to be surprised this way!

August 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

7. You are so good, I have to pinch someones else’s words, you make your own up… the difference between idiot and Master when it comes to poetry…
    I hate a bath tub and only shower, but it is my wife’s sanctuary, Whenever she has had her down moments with her cancer problems, and needs some time to think, a long languish bath seems to rejuvenate her. So for that I love the bath tub, but only for that…
    Love your words, love your blog, and in a way, love you, (the “like” button is not enough in some cases, we need a love button as well) do you get what I mean? Your blog is so you, or how I imagine you to be, a very special person….

August 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

• Oh bulldog… you are just so wonderful to “bathe” me in such loving words this morning 🙂 ~ And btw – you are quite the master yourself – even if poetry is not your focus, nobody can capture an image of the family of elephants in the wild the way you did!!! ~ or write such amazing articles 🙂 Now as for the shower/bath thing. Yes – I’m with you on shower for practical hygiene purposes…but for unwinding and relaxation/meditation ~ the bath is the winner (as your wife will attest) … Candle and music and a few drops of essential oil of lavender are all great bonuses too! I am so appreciative of your presence here bulldog …. yes I do know what you mean about wanting that ‘love’ button sometimes too. I feel the same ~ and am so happy my blog can give a small glimpse of who I really am to my dear woedpress friends like you ~ much love xo

August 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

8. How delightful! giggling…..sexy legs there missy!!!! What a clever angle and idea for a photograph. And the poem….so beautiful in the suggested power of our higher power….but then for it to be a tub….so great. Really enjoyed. So appreciate your creativity and ideas….always a surprise and pleasure. 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

• Giggling is good 🙂 Thank you Sam ~ Sexy is good too (right?) !! I am so glad you enjoyed dear ss. Guess I do feel there is a portion of my ‘higher power’ built into that tub too 🙂 Really is my sanctuary in many ways ~ Much Love and hugs to you this Saturday ~ xo Robyn

August 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM

How funny that last line. I really and truly thought you were going to say your Husband.
    I think I feel about my bathtub the way you feel about yours – couldn’t survive without that hot soak late morning or midday to ease the pain & stiffness in my back. It’s magical.
    Love the image.

August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

• LOL! Wow- really? I am so happy my strategy seemed to be a success! Glad you enjoyed Victoria. My husband also loved it ~ maybe he “projected” 🙂 You also have a love for your tub then? I so understand, though for some reason it’s always in the late hours of night that I gravitate to mine. Maybe will need to try a midday soak and see ~ xo

August 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

10. Preach on, SISTA! Someday I’m going to have a tub that lets the water cover hips, back, knees AND shoulders! That’s when I’ll know we’ve gone to the BIG dance! Hope you are well. Swimming is helping me a lot. Have any cure-alls for swimmer’s ear? Lol.

August 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

• 🙂 Oh Frances… We need to order you a deep bathtub asap. I’d give up a bedroom if need be! Yes – must cover all of you. I will send you the magnesium salts and lavender oil …and some awesome music. I am a mess quite frankly — why I ‘m photographing blueberries and tubs rather than forests and waves. New MRI upcoming ~ no clue if I’ll be a candidate for thr as my space was still good. I do have a pool ~ but even swimming isn’t working well. Swimmer’s ear — wear your earplugs…and blow-dry your ear after your pool workouts! ~ send an email with updates – I hope you are hanging in on all fronts 🙂 much love friend~

August 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM

11. Really nice photos – good quality – like it

August 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM

• Thanks so much bellboy!! So appreciate 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM

12. Wow Robyn…reading this I was telling myself I love this part…then I will read more and say no it’s this part even more. This is a brilliant love poem..an ode of epic proportions…love it

August 4, 2012 at 7:00 AM

• Ahhh.. couldn’t wait to hear from you on this one boomie 🙂 So glad you enjoyed it… in multiple contexts! Was really fun to work on, especially since my tub and I are very much… in love ~ LOL! xo

August 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM

13. I never knew a bath could be so sensual! Loved this Robyn and the underlying humor. I need to rethink my tub time!! 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM

• :)) So happy you enjoyed Jeannie… yes, my underlying humor. I am actually pretty “serious” about my bath – but even had to laugh at myself as I was writing and feeling so passionate about a tub! Yes– rethink yours… you already have that great music – and with a candle and some essential oil – you may be pleasantly surprised at the healing and energy charge you feel after. Much Love ~ xo

August 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM

14. Pawan Hira

Wow! Lovely. I had to scroll up again,after reading the last line. Haha. It is like divinity in your voice that connects to a higher self, but you know how to change it for a bit of smiles. And I love that. Amazing photo.
    Hahaha. Wonderful, Robyn. 🙂 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM

• Thank you dear Pawan 🙂 I am so glad you enjoyed and were a little ‘perplexed’ which was my goal here 🙂 Though – as I’ve said, my tub is rather connected to my higher self in many ways ~ Also glad you enjoyed the creative image of my tub reflection!! Gratitude and Love to you ~Robyn

August 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

• Pawan Hira

Aah! You know your creative juices of life. Thank you for writing this. 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM

• 😉

August 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

15. Kathy

Your tub will never let you down! LOL!

August 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM

• This is true Kathy ~LOL! Thank you dear one! xo

August 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

16. RL !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello !!!!! Wowzers ………….. sensual or what !!!!!!!!!!!!! SENSUAL AND SPIRITUAL !!!!!
    the very best way of sensuality – in my heart ……………….
    WOW …………………….
    I thought you were going to lead to something totally different …..! and then – POW ! The Tub …..! Yikes it’s lovely ……..
    and i loved the way you arranged your poem ……… feels like the words were droplets of water ———– 🙂
    Huge hugs lady xx
    u are a glorious talent xx
    Cat

August 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

• 🙂 Yay Cat – so glad you liked it … yes – sensual=spiritual to me too. The tub is my sanctuary so this all unfolded with great ease….inspired by my random photo of the mirrored reflection. Glad it intrigued and surprised you a bit. oooo – do see the droplets of water now.. you are so perceptive … was not done on purpose but maybe subliminally? Sending Love and big hugs your way ~ Thank you tons, Robynxo

August 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM

• drops of water rippling into your sanctuary !!!!!!!!!!
        this was beautiful Robyn ….
        one word – one drop at a time ….xoxoxoxoxoxo
        you are welcome tons xoxoxoxo
        big hugs your way – and you have inspired me to really immerse myself in water at night – before i sleep –
        i swim a ton
        but there is no stillness in swimming
        so yes to tubs of sanctuary and love ripples of peace xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo TY xoxoxo Cat

August 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

• So excited for you Cat.. really you are right — stillness in water before bed (add the magnesium salt and essential oil of lavender if you like) is really a wonderfully enriching spiritually… of course add your favorite meditative music too. I know you will LOVE! Hearts and Hugs ~ xoxoxo R

August 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM

• OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do the salts already 🙂
        and the music well – it’s always playing .
        the only thing – DO NOT BRING HEADPHONES IN THE TUB!!!!!!!!!! lol ……….
        i have to get some essential oils ……….. now 🙂 xo
        what else do you recommend ……….?
        do you have a brand of oils you like ?
        the salts always make me sweat out the day – which i love ………
        so i go to sleep with a new day ahead ….xx
        let me know the brands of oils that you like if you have a moment xx
        Huge Heart Hugs Heavenly One xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
        C

August 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

• Ahhh Cat, So you are already on your way to pure bath bliss 🙂 Ok — one of the most beloved brands of essential oils is Young Living ~ I like lavender (balancing and relaxing – though can also boost energy I’m told) … here is a link, and there are tons of scents. You only need a tiny amount in the tub (very potent) ~ http://www.amazon.com/Young-Living-Essential-Oil-Lavender/dp/B0015KZKAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344180462&sr=8-1&keywords=lavender+oil+young+living Let me know when you try ~ wishing you peaceful, blissful baths always , xxoo RL

August 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM

• Ahhhh You are so sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        there is a great store down the street called “The big Carrot ” all organic stuff – they have a beauty shop – a dispensary – all the homeopath stuff and a wonderful food store …..
        i am going to cross ref and see if they have them there ………..
        Thanks beauty xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo
        You could have a page on your site – PRODUCTS I LOVE – i would be perusing that one like crazy xoxoxoxoxo !!!!!!!!!!!
        Love you xx
        Cat

August 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

• OOH here is the link for The big Carrot …….
        I think you willlllll soooooooooo love this place ………..
        Going out to play outside ….. a storm is about to come i think xo
        wishing you a gorgeous day – xo http://thebigcarrot.ca/index.php?id=83
        Love Love Love xx
        Cat

August 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

• Big Carrot – looks totally awesome Cat — hope you had a great day!! xo

August 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

• i did i did i did
        things get better every day xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
        just got your mail 🙂 sent you one back xoxoxoxo

August 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

17. I too thought you were heading to the Higher Power…nice to see some humor..what would we do without it…lots of fun here, my friend!
    Xoxm

August 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM

• Yes Meryl ~ I believe this tub may represent my higher power in some ways 🙂 So glad you enjoyed… something different for me to go into sensual/humorous realm… fun to do xo

August 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

18. Very clever Robyn, love this post….I LOVE my bath tub, it’s such a great place to escape and find peace with God. Love and hugs. xx 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

• Thank you so much Lisa. Glad you loved it, and love your bath toooo!!! There is something about being immersed in warm water by candlelight – peaceful and spiritual – I agree!! xo Hugs to you friend 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM

19. All the way climbing down your words and wondering who can that be .. No way a human being can be so engulfing and reflective .. And the no surprise surpise was awesome ..

August 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

• Ahhh so I had you were wondering too Tarek! So true that another human could not possibly have the type of power I depict here in my poem 🙂 So glad you were a bit surprised it was my beloved tub after all that. It’s a nightly ritual for me – so felt passionate about creating this tribute to it.Happy you enjoyed ~ Good wishes all the way to Egypt for you today! ~R

August 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

20. This was fun to read…my mind was coming up with different answers as to who “The One” is…and ahh..the Tub wins the title! I’ve never soaked in a tub before, but one day I’ll have one I can…you give me motivation to experience this luxury! And how wonderful that you have it too…to give some release and to encourage some comfort and peace within your mind, body and spirit.
    Blessings and thanks for your support on my ‘new’ journey 🙂 Erin

August 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

• So happy this was fun Erin! Really glad to hear the surprise wasn’t ruined for many… I was worried everyone got it first on the ‘Reader’ vs email, they would see the photo and know in advance who “The One” is?! 🙂 Yes – there is nothing like a private/clean/tub by candlelight ~ add in some epsom salts and your favorite spiritual music – definitely a wonderful thing to turn to in stressful/painful times. It’s the little things sometime. Thank you Erin — looking forward to your new ‘journey’ in images too! xo

August 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

21. Very clever indeed! Like everyone else I was thinking of who “the One” is….perfect. Blessings – Patty

August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

• Thanks so much Patty! So glad it got you wondering and that you had fun with it~~ Blessings your way as well 😉 ~ Robyn

August 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

22. Ohhhh, you got my there!!!! I am really laughing out and having a hard time breathing as well because I think that I stopped breathing at some point when I was reading that gorgeous poem, but keep wondering “The One”?, really…..but you went on, and on, and I stopped breathing thinking either it is something very, very spiritual, or the other Well, you know! Then….The TUB. golden, no less and the LEG. This was one of the best posts ever for fun. You got me. You really did, Lovely, beautifully done! Love to you, Linda…think my heartbeat is coming back now.

August 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

• So funny Linda… I am sooo happy you got the heartbeat back in sync! Also glad you enjoyed and it kept you wondering and engaged till the end.
      Also thrilled you had fun with it. Yes ~ my golden tub – do love it for real, but also had a grand time writing this devotional poem for it. Much Love and Thank you sooo much for your smiling comment today 🙂 ~ xoR

August 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

23. That could have gone so many directions…. Very nice, Robyn. 😉

August 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

• Yes – so many directions but I knew exactly where I wanted it to go!! So glad you enjoyed Scott! ~ 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

• Very much, Robyn….

August 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

• Thank you Scott – wonderful to know 🙂

August 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

• 🙂

August 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM

24. I get it. The seductive alluring quality of the words are overlaid with the reality of the soothing relaxing and easing of discomforts ever present. Not a metaphor at all, A truth. I love your strength, your ability to strive forward and always the beauty of your words which speak from your soul dearest friend. Sleep well! xoxo, Penny

August 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM

• Thank you dear Penny ~ you are right – a truth in many senses. I did have fun with this – but actually more genuine sentiments than most would ever guess. I am happy you enjoyed and very grateful for your warm words and wishes tonight ~ Much Love ~

August 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM

25. Seb

Nice ending – you didn’t have to…… faucet at all… 🙂

August 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

• Ahhh now that was clever Seb ~ you are good! Thank you, and yes – the ending was a natural 😉

August 4, 2012 at 11:11 PM

26. Julie Catherine

Oooh, Robyn, I LOVED this! I, too, thought it was very spiritual … and very loving and sensual … and was totally caught off guard with the ending! Hahahaha! Brilliant! I totally get what you mean by its healing powers – a long hot bubblebath is something I crave often to help with physical issues – and it helps immensely. Unfortunately, some of the benefits are lost in the sheer difficulty of getting in and out of the tub for me; but while I’m there, it’s sheer heaven! (And I agree, sexy legs!) ~ Much love, positive healing energies and gentle hugs to you, my friend. ~ Love, Julie xoxox

August 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM

• Thank you so much Julie!! Soooo glad you enjoyed and felt the momentum of the piece ~ along with its surprising “climax” 🙂
      As for the issues around getting in and out – I know those too, and always makes me sad to think there may come a time I won’t be able to indulge in this simple pleasure. Mine is build into a platform with a ledge so it’s a bit easier (at least on the getting in, then I never want to get out!) I actually have a very loose connective tissue so despite pain and dislocation – I am still fairly limber (though should avoid going to my end ranges since my joints are already being taxed) – but yes while in there – it is a piece of heaven. Glad you liked the image featuring my ‘sexy’ legs in the mirrored reflection too 🙂 Thank you dear Julie – and sending gentle hugs and healing energies right back your way. ~ Much Love, xo R

August 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

27. “Intoxicating liquid bliss” What a powerful seductive description! But then, I totally get the relief and relaxation that The One brings!!! Beautifully written and I love the angle of the photo…really just added so much to the poem. I bet The One really loves being so loved 😀 Your stunning creativity writing about things people take for granted everyday, especially since you’re not being about to get out as much, is truly inspiring…Sending love and healing hugs dear friend ❤ !!

August 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM

• Christina, thank you so much! Yes – very special this “One” of mine 🙂 I’m glad you know the depth of the connection too.
      So glad you enjoyed, both the wiring and image. It is fun for me to focus and meditate on these simple pleasures and remember to appreciate them while I’m dealing with other aspects of my life that are not so pleasant. Much gratitude to you sweet friend ~ Much Love~RL

August 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

• Yes, I am all too familar with The One…and also sadly with the aspects that aren’t so pleasant. I have had chronic pain for 8 years…started before that but really got ahold of me then. I guess maybe that’s part of why I feel so connected and inspired by you!!!

The total immersion tub sounds like a dream come true and makes your poem even more powerful! 🙂
        Sending tons of love and healing hugs to you today sweet friend ❤ !!

August 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM

• Oh Christina… so sorry to hear that you know the monster of chronic pain. It is true that everyone’s struggle with this is somewhat different, but nevertheless, my heart cries thinking that you suffer. If ever I can be a support in any way there, please don’t hesitate to write me. I’m not nearly an expert ~ and probably in the worst stages of my ordeal right now, but it is always my greatest desire to help others facing this challenge if my experience or coping tools can be of assistance. Will keep you in my heart and prayers on this my dear friend ~ and in the meantime, yes – by all means – Immerse yourself in all the healing ‘waters’ you can find ~ Much Love and Hugs ! R

August 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM

• I wish there were better words than…thank you! I do so appreciate you and you by your very incredible strong/brave self are such an encouragement and inspiration to me!! It breaks my heart that you are dealing with the worst of the monster right now 😦 You most definitely are always in my thoughts and prayers also!! I believe it is together…continuing to reach out and connect that keeps the monster at bay…not allowing it to overwhelm us. I do so appreciate you cherished friend!! Sending all my love and huge hugs your way ❤ !!

August 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

• Thank you Christina… Sending big hugs xo

August 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

• 😀

August 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM

28. The Bathtub Messiah, the true savior of our time.

August 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM

• 🙂 Yes Carl ~ agreed, we need not look further than the tub!

August 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

29. Thank you for the laughter this Sunday morning! You are awesome! I am so glad you have a tub.

August 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

• So welcome dear Resa ~ thought you might enjoy this too!! So happy to see your smiling face 🙂 Yes — me too glad I have my beloved ‘tub’ ~ makes the world a better place xxoo

August 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

30. hahahaha…lovely!!

August 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

• Gotcha 🙂 So glad you liked it Lisa!!!

August 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM

31. (((((applause)))….yep, this one is incredibly delicious and truly brings smiles to the heart. Great composition and image…again! wonderful work yet again Robyn! Hugs!

August 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM

• Yay — I love the applause Stan ~ thank you dear one. So glad you liked it — and wonderful to get your professional feedback on the photography I did with dripping hands and an iPhone 4S 🙂 I liked it too ~ Hugs to you back Mr. S! ~RL

August 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

32. ALL PACKED UP to send tomorrow with a little love note !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are not far = should take less than a week 🙂 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Goodnight lovely xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Cat

August 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

• xo 🙂

August 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

• SMILES !!!!!!!!!!!! by Friday !!!!!!!! xo

August 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM

33. Very good Robyn, got me a treat .
    I had no idea the One was going to be your tub 🙂
    I thought I was reading a powerful love poem right unti lthe end.

A great idea with the picture too Robyn, I admire the way you use your pictures to compliment your words (or the other way round ).

I can’t remember the last time I had a bath ( pooh stinky!! ) It’s always a shower now, time constraints etc.
    I used to love sitting in a boiling hot bath, reading a book, sometimes so long that the water went cold and I had to refill it.

Ahh.. a long soak, I’m going to try that again.. one day 🙂

Thanks for such a good post,
    keep safe, keep well
    love n hugs
    xxx

August 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM

• 🙂 Thank you so much Seadog!!! Very happy to hear you had the pleasure of a nice surprise at the conclusion of this piece…. was fun to create – a little humor mixed in with some passionate sentiments that are genuine. Yes – you deserve a good relaxing soak too … make a date with your tub! I do agree though that for getting clean, the shower is superior. I usually reserve the tub strictly for therapy/meditation and winding down before sleep. I am thrilled you enjoyed the post – and sending good thoughts your way ~ Much Love, Robyn

August 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

34. Robyn!! This is beauty punctuated with a smile! Love, Mindy

August 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

• Thank you Mindy!! Was so much fun to do — a mix of humor and passion 🙂

August 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

35. I love it – both poem and picture (great composition)!

August 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM

• Thanks you so much fotografzahl… means a lot from you 😉 a little tricky to take spontaneous photos in the tub ~ 🙂 Used the iphone 4S … did the trick!! ~ Great to see you!! 🙂

August 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

36. Oh how exquisite!,how clever too, that in the end you made it clear you were speaking of your bath! I smiled so wide, thinking how well you summed it up! lol Seriously though, to one whos body is wracked with pain, a hot steamy bath is definitely a heavenly retreat….one shouldnt ignore the healing properties of such a past time, as you so masterfully shown here, that it is not just a method by which to cleanse oneself, or even to soothe an aching body, but it is a deeply personal, cleansing of spirit, significant in its symbolism of renewal and acceptance…you are such a unique person, Robyn, and I am delighted with how you capture the beauty, the essence of life, not just in your photos, but in the things you write. And let me tell you, the bath was not the only thing steaming in this photo….your legs are rockin! and are certainly the focal point in the photo! 🙂 Your tub looks exquisite too, by the way…..I loved every minute of this my lady, thank you, and I hope your day today is a blessed one…..
    love you with big hugs,
    Celeste
    xoxo

August 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM

• Awww so glad you got to this one Celeste!! I thought you might like it ~ given the pure unadulterated passion I expressed in this devotional poem about my ‘tub’ 🙂 A leap for me… but hey – I have some serious feeling for this ritual! And yes you are so right – so much symbolism and spirit involved as well for me. So it was actually an easy piece to compose … just flowed like the running water! And you are so kind to admire my ‘rockin’ legs… I am working so damn hard trying to manage the pain that I guess they have some definition and tone these days… if only that would cure the mechanical issues 😦 I’ll keep trying though — our legs are our foundation – they carry us forward in life — they must be cherished…and thus, pleased to feature them here on my public forum.

So thrilled you had fun with this … and appreciated it on all levels — we are most definitely in tune with one another – knew that from day one! Blessings to you Celeste — keep your story flowing too… soooo excited for you there ~ xxoo, Robyn

August 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

37. I like both your words and picture. Beautifully written and very nicely presented post.

August 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

• Thank you so much dear Ardam ~ so appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. So happy you enjoyed~ Robyn

August 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

38. Thank you for visiting my blog yesterday and especially for all of the likes! They are much appreciated! I love your writing, your words have so much meaning. So deep, so lovely, so complete.

August 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM

• Thanks so much Robyn… was happy to find you after seeing your note under ‘my story’ — and especially intrigued that there is another Robyn with a “y” out there 🙂 Loved looking at your work, and can see your passion for photography all over it! Very wonderful to meet you here ~ much love an blessings to you, RL

August 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

39. You ARE a little tease Robyn. You are a little rascal. But I loved it !!

August 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

• Don’t get wrong impression Ralph! Truly adore my tub! Chronic pain for 20 years … So a serious relationship w the thing:). Fun to play that way though- Must admit!!! Glad u enjoyed🌻

August 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM

• I just made a long reply on my notifier and it disappeared so here I am in your tub. I was saying Robyn that you got me in a right tizzwazz. Sounds like there is no relief for you then Robyn. I have only been a blogaholic for two months and I have chatted to many people and a high percentage are in pain with differing problems. I would love to cure them and you, but the only weapon in my arsenal is to make them laugh. Pass the soap !!

August 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM

• LOL! Soap is on the way!!
        Thank you so much Ralph. I appreciate – and have found so much love and compassion here in blogworld. I do think this medium attracts a certain type of sensitive soul… and in this way, a special population. You are lovely for wanting to help cure everyone – me too… but I must say… until we can find the cure — your humor is refreshing and healing in its own right! Blessings your way friend!! ~ RL

August 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM

• I am finding that too. There is a lot of bonding, friendships being made from across the board, across the wide spectrum of issues that we must endure. Blogland gives all of us the realisation that we are not alone in our own home with our problem and we can share experiences with others, at least easing the mind a little from the pain.
        Got my toe stuck in the tap/faucet !!

August 21, 2012 at 6:25 AM

• 😉 So true!!

August 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

• So true about the bonding or my poor toe ??? 😉

August 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

• the bonding — your toe remark gets a big LOL!! though 🙂

August 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM

• See you around Robyn 🙂

August 21, 2012 at 10:07 AM

• 😉 you be well in the meantime Ralph!!

August 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM

40. This is one of those poems that stays with you throughout a lifetime. Wow. How lovely!

August 22, 2012 at 3:52 AM

• Thanks so much Millie ~ It was a great experience to profess my unfettered love for my tub here 🙂 Truly do feel this way… but a little silly too. I’m glad you enjoyed and sending good thoughts your way today ~ xo R

August 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM

41. Oh Robyn….mine pales in comparison to this.
    You inspire me!

January 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

• So glad you liked it Shackled – thank you for such a lovely compliment. We should do a shower/bath post together sometime 🙂 LOL !
      x

January 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

42. oh robyn, you really had me going on this one and what a huge hoot ! and i do so agree…. ah, my tub is everything to me…:) we are nut cases but who cares, our tubs don’t. xox

January 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

• LOL! 🙂 so glad you liked Linda ~ and I’m naked – and just about to submerge as I type here! YES – Our tubs ROCK ~ so nice to know someone else who worships hers the way I do! Yes – it is everything to me too – THE ONE! I also like to listen to very soothing meditative music (Kundalini) when I’m in — so I will share a beloved song with you here ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuKd-KJLj6s Rest Well ~ x

January 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM