Joyous Surrender (a sequel)

“And when the mind finds its perfect state of joy,
the whole universe plays along.”

~ Robyn Lee

As a sequel to my earlier post Stillness, wanted to share this shot of a happy child, one of the few souls who remained on the beach as the storm approached Sunday.  He seemed to be immersed in fun… and suppose it’s a good thing that lonesome lifeguard stuck around after all!! 😉

~RL

Love the composition. Aren’t small children just wonderful to watch. They have fun even on their own (in the right environment).

June 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

2. Thanks Victoria… yes – and what better an environment than a natural playground like the beach (pre-storm) 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

3. Spread of happiness I appreciate your words and see that beautiful image …
    Tu amigo…

June 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

4. So glad to hear that Carlos…gracias mi amigo!

June 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

5. Lost in his own world..nice photo, Robyn:)

June 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

• Thanks nightlake! Thought would make a nice part II after Stillness 🙂 Sending good thoughts…

June 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

6. That photo is breathtaking!

June 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

• So glad you liked Julie… less spooky right? LOL! 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

7. Perfect combination of words and image!

June 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

• Thanks so much Mark! Was my attempt at a part II for the “Stillness” post I did yesterday. My quote was sort of a “take-off” from Tzu’s 😉 Appreciate your thoughtful feedback!! RL

June 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM

8. Another great picture. To me little children are excellent “teachers” in many areas of life. From their playful and mindful manner, their appreciation of simple, mundane things to their poise, their natural way of breathing (lots of people don’t even know what abdominal breathing is and that it is much healthier), their use of imagination/day dreaming… And when they grow up most of them lose many of their natural habits/talents – what a pity…

June 5, 2012 at 6:22 AM

• Thanks fotografzahl. So agree with you…little children (especially those who have been allowed sufficient freedom to be who they are) are the very best teachers for us. I know — when I came to understand abdominal breathing (first through yoga practice and then through physical therapy protocol) I realized how many do breathe backwards and suck their belly in on inhale. It almost requires a re-education of sorts — should be part of every physical where there should be a quick lesson on diaphragmatic breathing technique 🙂 But yes – kids are much closer to their source – (energy) than grownups. Unfortunately we do get programmed and influenced by culture, school, parents, politics, religion etc. It’s a tough one – but if we take the time to focus on images like this one, we can sometimes ‘remember’ and get a little closer to who we truly are.
      So appreciate your wise comment today — much love

June 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM

9. Robyn…this is so magical….feel a real yearning here

June 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM

• A real yearning … to play in the ocean pre-storm?! 🙂 Me too – but was sooo cold in there! I got my toes in though, and was heaven to me.
      This little one seems not to mind the temps… and could care less that it’s raining and windy, and looks like the sky will fall down momentarily 🙂
      So glad you enjoyed it David .. have a magical day!

June 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

• heheheh…water always brings that yearning

June 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

10. I love this photo.

June 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

• Thanks Renee… yes – a bit different feel than the part I of this series (Stillness)… I like them both but really loved the contrast, so posted 2 in one day yesterday. Will take today off and give my readers a break 🙂 xo

June 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

11. Lovely. 🙂 the heart of a child….to return there again and again. Thank you for sharing the spirit of joy. 🙂 Sam

June 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

• Thanks so much Sam! Yes – the heart of a child. It’s a pretty awesome thing to consider. I’ll meet you there 🙂 So glad you enjoyed ~ sending love and light this evening ~

June 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM

12. Reminds me of the time when I stayed with my family on a key in Florida. The sandbar ran out about 200 yards and so playing at the beach was boring. Then we woke up one morning to 5 foot waves crashing! COOOOOOL! My mother and I went down IMMEDIATELY. We’d play and surf and catch starfish and all manner of interesting things were at hand…then we looked up. We were a mile or more down the beach from our hotel! WE tried to swim/walk back, but could not fight the waves. We had to wash up to the shore, get out, and hike back. Once we were back my father was waving and hollering from the balcony. We couldn’t hear what for the wind, so we dove in again. After another hour or so we were exhausted and hiked back. When we arrived in the room my dad said, “What is wrong with you? That’s a hurricane in the Gulf headed this way!” Ahhhhhhh, good times! ~Great photo! Regards, Dan

June 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

• Oh Dan… what an incredible story that is, and what a ‘joyous surrender’ it was!! I can hardly believe it. Sounds a bit like a nightmare I had once ;( Thank goodness you did get yourselves back. It sure sounds like you and Mom had the adventure of a lifetime — and tons of fun. How old were you? Your poor Dad though — he must have been so worried. All ended well thankfully – and look at the memory you have to treasure now!!

Really glad you enjoyed the photo, and it sparked this amazing memory today. Sending good wishes your way ~ RL

June 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

• If I remember correctly I was 15 at the time. When we look back, all we have is the memories. 😉

June 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM

• So true Dan… thank you for sharing that amazing one with me. Really loved it ~ perfect match for the photo too!!

June 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

• You drew it out of me my dear. Not only a healing lens, but also one that sees the past and recalls it in the present.

June 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM

• You’re amazing Dan — can you come live here?
        Really need to get to your blog…why don’t I get email notices from you?!! 😦 ok — going right now to see if you’ve posted! ~RL

June 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

13. the worries of the world non existent! lovely

June 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

• Yay – buckwheats I conjured up this post with you in mind! Wanted to have some contrast after our exchange 🙂 I’m so glad you enjoyed it!!
      So nice to escape worries this way isn’t it? !

June 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

• well that was so kind of you! thank you, and it is nice!

June 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

14. I love photographing my son at the beach. There is something so freeing about his nature there…its like you say…when we play nature finds it’s way to celebrate this with us…and children remind us of this connection so well. I bet he’ll remember these moments when he needs a bit of tranquility and a spiritual fill-up. I certainly do in my own life. Thank you always for your words of wisdom and your imagery to go with it. Blessings, Erin

June 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

15. Thanks so much for that Erin. I have to agree that being part of the energy at the beach (especially when unpopulated and even pre-storm) is the ultimate remedy for most everything! So wonderful that you can share this with your son. I raised my girls on these beaches…and always cherished each moment there…and then the memories thereafter. Also thrilled the quote above resonated with you. I think if we get into the right place, most times the universe does its part! Sending Love you way today, RL

June 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM

16. Chris

This quote is absolutely perfect and oh so true, brilliant, thank you Robyn.

June 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

• Thanks so much Chris..Very happy you felt that way about it. Was sort of a follow-up from the one prior (Stillness)… and hopefully uplifting 🙂

June 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM