Meet Sara Kay – Spoken Word Poet Extraordinaire

~~~

As a companion to my post today, I am excited to introduce you to 23 year old Sara Kay, and share a clip of her riveting poetry performance that was aired on TED. It was here that I encountered Sara’s wonderful quote which I decided to pair with my blog post image Unremitting Love Β« THROUGH THE HEALING LENS today.

In the clip (link below), Sara ‘performs’ 2 poems. The first is at the very start (and contains the quote I honored), and the 2nd is at the very end of her talk (not to miss). She is one inspiring and talented young woman~ definitely worth the watch. Will pull your heartstrings!

Click here to enjoy: Sarah Kay: If I should have a daughter … | Video on TED.com

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! ~ RL

~~~

β€œBecause there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean
refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how
many times it’s sent away.”

~Sara Kay

1. That is a very nice quote.

May 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

• Yes – I thought so too silently! Thank you πŸ™‚

May 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

2. She’s amazing! Thanks for sharing the link.

May 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

• Most welcome Mark. She really impressed me as well…so spirited and passionate πŸ™‚

May 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

3. WOW!

May 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM

• She sort of knocked my socks off too Julie… her 2 poems were a whole new experience for me (re: poetry) – think this ‘spoken-word’ stuff is all the rage now – I feel so old!!! πŸ™‚

May 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

• Because I taught creative writing at the uni. we used to host performance poetry events but I have never heard anything as good as this – she is amazing!

May 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

4. ~Lady Day

OH MY WORD! Her last poem….the positive shadow permanently left by the person who blocked the radiaton fro hitting the wall, and they were turned to ash…oh my word. I’ve always thought about that in my mind and never heard it out loud before…she is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing her.~R

May 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM

• Yes – Lady Day! I still get the chills listening to that 2nd piece. YES – “the positive shadow permanently left by person…” She’s just incredible in both her verbal and written expression of such profound subject matter. And yet – she brings a lightness and lyrical quality to it a lll. Truly amazing, I agree. So glad you appreciated LD! Thanks much for letting me know πŸ™‚ RL

May 21, 2012 at 1:06 PM

5. she definitely is enthusiastic, intelligent, charming, witty, funny and a fireball of energy for sure …
    i believe if she stays with it and i think she will, time and experience will only make her wiser and stronger …
    kind of like that fine wine we were talking about a few posts back … sending best wishes your way as always Robyn …:)

May 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM

• Yes – when I first saw her, I thought would be fun to watch her career unfold… very passionate and spirited – lots of emotion and also vulnerabilitiy. We will have to keep an eye on her to see if she goes the way of fine wine! πŸ™‚

May 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

6. The lense gives the picture the impression you can see the curvature of the earth. Love it. πŸ™‚

May 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

• Oh thanks so much Stuart! And welcome…. Glad you enjoyed this post. Yes – my lens can be magical this way — wonderful escapism here at times. Sending you good thoughts for a wonderful today! RL

May 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

7. onlinefunland

SuperB !

June 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM

• I love her too online!!

June 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

• onlinefunland

Yes – She’s innocent.great poet !

June 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

8. onlinefunland

Has she any Blog ?

June 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

• you know – i could not find one… she has a bunch on youtube if you want to see more of her performances… extraordinary she is… πŸ˜‰

June 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

• onlinefunland

Ok, Thanks Friend !

June 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

9. I’ve been browsing online greater than three hours lately, but
    I by no means found any fascinating article
    like yours. It’s beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all
    webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the net will be a lot more helpful than ever before.

November 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM