Off-Season

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

~Albert Camus

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Love, Robyn

Love the contrast and curves of the houses at the top of the frame. It sends a message to me of the world spinning around and our place in this world we live in.
    Very nice image indeed.
    Hope you have a great weekend too.

February 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

• Thank you Victoria! Yes – this photo was all about contrast to me. We live in a fairly glamourous resort community that changes to a sleepy little town in the “off-season” (winter). This is the first year I’ve really ventured out into nature in the winter (albeit,it’s been a very mild winter). Still, the experience has been enlightening. Amazing how we have such precious gifts in our own ‘backyards’ sometimes and never realize it. It was always about counting the days till summer here… but on days I can manage, this year I am enjoying each and every moment. Glad you liked the image! R

February 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

2. Renee Braunstein

This photo is very unusual and a bit spooky.

February 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

• Thanks Renee! LOL! Spooky is good in art, as any image that evokes emotion is pretty cool!I see what you mean too. This image reminded me of the stark contrast between winter and summer here in the Hamptons. Those houses pictured are all vacant in the winter… the beach is empty and cold. In the summer it all comes alive with hustle/bustle and life reflective of the popular summer resort community that it is. Amazing that I’ve come to like the winter…something I never thought I’d say!!! xo

February 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

3. Elizabeth

I love the quote and picture. They go together very well 🙂

February 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM

4. ronda flick

Gorgeous, where is this?

February 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

5. Jill

The fisheye lens adds to the other-wordly quality nicely.

February 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

6. Thanks Jill. hmmm..almost sure this was the “wide-angle” lens as opposed to fish-eye. My fish-eye leaves that dark circle around pix, and this one was taken before I knew I could edit that out (thanks to you). I think being ‘down-hill” looking up gives that perspective of ‘other-worldly’ though – which appealed t me too!!

February 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

7. gina

So cool. You are going to need to publish a book with all these great photos. LOVE THEM!

February 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

This is an incredible photo Robyn! Very evocative of 1800’s ghost towns but slightly post-apocolyptic as well. Amazing depth perception — the long stretch of beach in the foreground. Mesmerizing!

February 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Just noticed quote — so perfect in several ways — just as true for you as it is for the scene.

February 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

10. Oh Ivy, you truly have such an amazing way with words. I love your description of the image. The photo was certainly viewed a lot yesterday, so I think it must hold some special mystique as you describe. Yes -LOVED the quote and thought perfect for my quest this winter to tap into that ‘invincible summer’ within!! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments!

February 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

11. dianne - life as i see it

a very wide-angle lens can produce a fish eye lens effect robyn once it opened to its wides point, as this photo proves. delightful and magical image and quote no doubt about that. thank you, i’ve had a wonderful weekend, i hope you have also.. ; )

February 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM