A Prayer

Dear God,
Let us see that
we are all connected,
and that Love is the pivotal
universal truth we must embrace to
ensure peace and collective wellbeing
during our brief stay here on planet Earth.

~Amen~

©Robyn Lee

In memory and dedication to those whose precious lives
were lost or damaged in the recent Colorado tragedy

Shooting victims remembered
Aurora, Colorado Shooting: Victims Remembered | Video – ABC News

The touching post by fellow blogger, Jeannie, which provided inspiration for my prayer today
Colorado’s dark night… « The Writernubbin

1. You’re absolutely right… love indeed is the universal truth, Robyn.

July 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM

2. Thank you Jewels — yes, so wish everyone knew this xo

July 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM

3. Chris

Such a sincere and beautiful prayer for those who have had their lives cut devastatingly short, such a thoughtful post Robyn.x

July 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM

• Thanks Chris…just trying to make sense of it …this kind of thing always blows me away. Appreciate your comment always!

July 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM

4. Lovely prayer from a lovely spirit. 🙂 And oh the cuteness of the doggy!!! Eyes like mine! lol! Well done, my friend. Sending you healing thoughts and lots of light and love. HUGS sea sister. 🙂 Sam

July 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

5. Thank you dear Sam. Yes – this photo of Rumi just struck me as ‘prayer’ ~ I had drafted a post with this theme a while back, but really wanted to honor of the victims of this tragedy some way. Jeannie’s post this am http://thewriternubbin.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/colorados-dark-night/ brought my focus there.

Rumi says thank you for admiring his pretty eyes (hazel color 🙂 ) Much appreciate all the love and light – hope you are enjoying your Sunday xo

July 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

6. Amen to that! So very sad.

July 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

• Yes Buck so sad — finding it hard to clear the lump in my throat caused by this one. Just wanted to at least do my part in offering this expression today…
      Maybe the universe will hear ~ thank you for your amen my friend xo

July 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

• yes, i understand, there just aren’t words…

July 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

• Xo

July 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM

7. This is a beautiful prayer Robyn–and so very very true. Yes, we are all universally connected–more than we even know. My heart is full. xoxo
    (May I please add the link to your post to mine from this morning?)

July 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM

• Thank you dear Jeannie. Of course you many share the link 😉 I will do the same on the bottom here too ~ I’ve shared yours on a comment here already. Thank you for providing a spark for me to get in touch with my sorrow over this disturbing reality ~ I do think our collective energies go a long way toward healing. xo

July 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM

• I just love you Robyn. xoxo

July 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

• Oh Jeannie – can feel your heart, and do love you too 🙂 xo

July 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

8. Pingback: Colorado’s dark night… « The Writernubbin

9. Julie Catherine

Amen. My heart hurts for all of them, and for the families and friends who are so bereft, so heartbroken ….. it just makes me cry. xoxox

July 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

• Thank you so much sweet Julie… it is very tough for me to give focus to such a horrific event. After reading Jeannie’s post earlier, I just had to dedicate time today to meditating on love and peace for our world. I know this incident is representative of many others. Does make me very sad…. So appreciate your thoughts — and sending you love tonight~

July 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

10. Well said, dear one
    I’ve nominated you for an award! Stop by and check it out 🙂

July 22, 2012 at 6:05 PM

• Thank you so much legionwritier. Very flattered and honored ~ much love….

July 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

11. Tom

There is a lot going on, dear Robyn, and Colorado is symptomatic and a painful reminder … of what indifference and love’s absence can bring.

July 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM

• Tom, so agree with you. Colorado’s tragic shooting is just symbolic of a much larger problem… yes – painful 😦 The energy of ‘Indifference” does equate to the “absence of Love” — and therein lies the horrific dilemma. You are so right about this ~ much love…

July 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM

12. In Miami there are a couppla drive-bys almost every month. Never makes the national news. People are no longer shocked here like Colorado. Just another day in the hood and more Black teens eliminated.

July 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM

• I know Carl — this is just a small tragedy in the grand scope of what goes on daily all over our world …. and yes – made the headlines because the killer was a respected
      P hD student on grant from the National Institute of Health… and was found to have explosives that might be expected of sophisticated terrorists. There was a lot of planning and strategy apparently. It’s all very troubling — and whatever wakeup call (or collective prayer action) it can provide – we need it.

July 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

13. heartfelt words..

July 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

• Thanks so much nightlake – appreciate that!

July 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

14. To have to say such prayers, for innocent people that go out for an evening of fun… just seems so tragic, … I’m sorry for all those that lost their lives and who were wounded, yet the event reaches so many more… those left behind and those who’s families are affected by the trauma,… terrible…

July 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

• I agree bulldogsurf — just make no sense at all to me. Yes – all those left behind, and even all those other tragic losses that never make the headlines. Just prompts us all take pause. Some very lost souls that need help desperately. Who could have suspected this man behind the tragedy was one of them? I know – very sad… only can be aware, and pray others like him get the help they need. It seems people should be able to go to a movie without risking this outcome. Much Love bds~

July 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

15. Beautiful prayer.

July 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

• Thanks Julie ~ seems so senseless when this kind of thing happens – especially in light of the uncontrollable challenges we are facing in life – why this? ~ xo

July 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM

• What also disturbs me is how nobody saw that the young man was so troubled.

July 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

• I know it. He was awarded a grant by our National Institute of Health to complete his PhD in Neuroscience. It’s mind boggling to me… and scary. I believe in the goodness in everyone – and this kid had to be very very sick. Wish he could have found help 😦 I try not to get too involved with media – and did not read the papers on this or watch any news — but read Jeannie’s post- and then had to spend a good part of the day mediating on it – thus my post. I wish prayers really worked — will keep at it! ~xo

July 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

• I haven’t read much of the news reports either – but I did see that he had been described as ‘socially awkward’. Sometimes I watch Ming’s friends and it is the ones who are most silent that worry me. Ming spills his guts to any and everybody but at least I don’t have to worry that he is holding something in. As for prayer, I don’t know anymore to be honest.

July 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

• Yes – do like kids who can express their feelings. Masters work in school counseling taught me how important this is, especially during developmental years…. though some of my kids’ friends that have been very quiet are lovely people too as they matured, so hard to know. Prayer— well, I think of it as energy and if enough of us put energy in the right direction … has to have some power. My instinct anyway …. love

July 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

16. Amen

July 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

• Thank you Jane – yes – I agree!! 🙂

July 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

17. lovely prayer

July 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

• Thanks so much poojycat ~ appreciate!

July 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Lovely prayer, Robyn.
    I will never understand how these tragedies happen. How do friends and family not see the disturbed mind unravel. There must be warnings and signs. How can we be so blind and not see.

July 23, 2012 at 6:23 AM

• Thank you Victioria. I feel the same. It is very sad that an individual can be at this stage of mental illness and go unnoticed. Makes me wonder if everyone is so self-consumed they can’t see outside of their own self. I have an interest in psychology (masters work in counseling) so this kind of tragedy always effects me deeply. Appreciate your thoughts too ~ RL

July 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

19. Very thoughtful Robyn.Thank you for sharing. It’s a message for the moment.And for humanity.Best Wishes.

July 23, 2012 at 1:45 PM

• Thank you so much for your comment ‘The Blazing Trail’ ~ yes – a call to humanity as well. I often imagine what the world would be like if everyone embraced this truth without resistance. Much Love~

July 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

20. Love your prayer/poem and the pix of Rumi, Love, Mindy

July 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM

• Thanks so much Mindy… was a spontaneous post this weekend… Rumi did appear to be in prayer here 🙂 xo

July 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM

21. Lovely. xx 🙂

July 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM

• Thank you so much alienhippy ~ so appreciate 🙂

July 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM

22. Lovely prayer, Robyn. The magnitude of one person’s actions can be so terrifyingly enormous. It is events like this where evil becomes so decidedly apparent, but also the unwavering good of so many others. “…Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Cor 13:13

July 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

• Thank you kt… I have to agree and do believe most people are inherently very good… and it is apparent in all the support and love that is generated during a tragedy like tis . it is sad that someone, as this shooter can get so lost 😦 So appreciate your comfort here… xxoo

July 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

23. You have such a big heart, Robyn! A touching tribute….. I agree with another amen to your prayer…. I like how it starts out narrow with Gods name, and grows out as it progresses…..there is something symbolic about that. That little dog is a cutie, too…….
    hugs
    Celeste

July 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM

• Thank you dear Celeste… I appreciate — and was needing to do something this weekend to help heal the hurt of the incident in Colorado. Yes- the expansion of the words was intentional – expansion of universal love 🙂 xo ps: saw new chapter is published…hoping to be able to concentrate tonight ~ rough pain day here xo

July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

24. Amen! Beautiful words and healing to my heart. :- )

July 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM