- My Story
- About This Blog
- Navigating Obstacles
- Analysis of “Self-Portrait”
- Childhood Found
- Crossing Over
- Doubt (Pain shadow V)
- Equilibrium (Pain Shadow IV)
- Freewheeling ~ narrative
- Healing Journey ~ update
- I Want To Know ~ Pain Shadow Series part VI
- Mars and Venus on a Perch
- Mono No Aware
- My Own Place
- My Pain Shadow – II
- Robyn Lee’s Own Little Sun-Climbers, Summer 1996
- Symbolic meaning of feathers
- Transform (Pain Shadow III)
- Vision of Trust
- Wisdom: More info on ‘Hooter’ The Great Horned Owl…
- Pain Shadow Series
- Beloved ~ The Meeting ~ William Ricci
- Enchantment ~ Emily Dickenson
- Golden Threads ~ by David Whitman
- Imagine A Woman
- Knowledge, by Philip Memmer
- Ode To A Butterfly
- Passion-Flower~~~ by Lady Day
- Reckless Poem, by Mary Oliver
- Song of The Flower
- Sonnet Sequence: On Cinderella, by~Julie Catherine
- The Broken Wings ~ By Kahil Gibran
- The Cloud ~ by, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Guest House ~ by Rumi
Beautiful! The elegant swan’s reflection is captured so well. A very calming picture. 🙂
February 7, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Glad you liked Elizabeth. Could not resist the ‘mirror’ image!
February 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I love that picture, the way the swan is looking at his reflection.
February 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I thought it was cool too Renee! Thanks. I’m pretty into reflections and shadows – can you tell??
February 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Is this the same goose as the other day? I think what you said about it was wonderful. I’m going to print out what u said u learned about geese. I can so relate!!!!
February 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Thanks Frances! Actually this one is a wild swan!
I did visit my friend the goose yesterday at the wildlife refuge though…and got more scoop!
That particular goose was left at the refuge just last week by an unknown party. He is not a wild variety but instead domestic and is very friendly, likes to be PET, and will sit on your LAP!! I thought it was a snow goose (which is a white wild type) – and they have snow geese there. But my pal was probably so behaved for the photo-shoot because he’s domesticated. Live and Learn. I have a shot of him being pet & will have to link an addendum to the post to explain. All the factual info I stated about geese though is true for wild geese… so glad it was interesting to you! Much Love xo RL
February 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Well it’s either this one or the goose!
February 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM
interesting to learn about this beautiful goose, wonderful image.. ;o)
February 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Oh thank you so much dianne! Truly appreciate your input. Yes this was a special goose:)
February 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
The symmetry of the reflection as the swan gazes at her own image in the beautiful blue lake is really cool!
February 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Thanks so much Ivy. Made me think how there are ‘self-reflections’ everywhere if we just take time to see them!
February 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM