Mono No Aware

you

notice

my
allure?

or

~

feel
the
breadth

tomorrow

’tis

too
late.

©Robyn Lee

img_4362-1

Please click here to learn more about the spiritual philosophy
that provided inspiration for this piece :  Mono No Aware

1. Yeah! Bravo Bravo! Love this piece Robyn… sometimes you can’t stop or wait… you just got to ‘go for it’… or possibly miss out on something extraordinary! Huggs ;-)

May 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

• Thank you so much Roxi!! So thrilled you enjoyed, and took from this piece what I was hoping to convey. Yes – so many gifts we pass by, or neglect to notice (or see) – savor the moments as they pass quickly!! Much Love to you wonderful friend! ~ x RL

May 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

2. Exquisite Robyn! Each of your words could have so easily fallen from the branches of the tree, to grace the earth with the same beauty of the lovely pink pedals in your gorgeous photograph. As always your poetry and photograph interwoven with one another in perfect harmony! Sigh, I always leave here feeling better, your posts ~ a work of art for me! Much love dear friend, Penny xo

May 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM

• So appreciate your beautiful comment, Penny, my dearest friend! Very thrilled you enjoyed… and know you of all people do understand this concept of Mono no aware. The cherry blossoms in this photo where literally there one day – and gone the next. “Awareness and appreciation” for all of life’s beauty ~ my mantra for this week. So much Love and gratitude ~x Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM

• Yes I do. A great mantra and discipline, Robyn. I think I was on a path of pathos early in my life with my hearing experience. I viewed life happening moment to moment, just didn’t want to miss any nuance. For me, almost a life style. I hope your week has been a very good one for you and all is proceeding positively with physical issues, naturally you’d update me if otherwise? All my love most dearest of friend! :) xoxo

May 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM

3. hello dear Robyn…. i left you such an overly long comment on mono no aware, i will simply say that this piece of yours is brilliant. i always love how you string together your immense talent, something i wish i could do more effectively. my brain is too much speeding into corners and wayward hallways to write well methinks! thank you for such a lovely photograph as well. it is a powerful teaching…. xo

May 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM

• Hello dearest Linda! I will make my way over to the informational page on mono no aware soon to read your (i’m certain) insightful comment there… but thank you so much here for most generous words about this piece, and appreciation for the teachings it offers. Very much aligned with your current post “Rose Teachings” :) These beautiful cherry blossoms bless us for only one short week a season. So As I rode my bike one day, and realized the blooms were strong one day, were falling the next, and soon to be gone, I immediately captured this shot and went home to write on this concept of impermanence, awareness and appreciation. The poem above is what ultimately surfaced. I think I became the cherry blossoms for a spell there! :) And you are an incredible writer — I know what you mean about the challenges of the speeding brain – but me think you can do great things with your pen. So much love and appreciation… ~RL

May 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

4. What a Beauty Robyn you are so amazingly talented, love how your thoughts take such a beautiful shape
    may Spring bless you :)

May 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

• And spring blessings to you beautiful Soma. Thank you for your very touching comment…. that means so much to me!!! Thrilled you enjoyed.
      Love and Light Always, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM

5. what a beautiful song to celebrate nature. like this a lot

May 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

• So do appreciate that dear nightlake. Yes, noticing these small beauties that are transient and call to us — a celebration indeed! Love and Blessings, x RL

May 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

6. so delightful! i found these words so gentle ~ just like petals of most beautiful flowers. Great work Robyn, you are indeed very talented! love and light xx

May 23, 2013 at 3:15 AM

• Oh poojy – you are so kind, always my friend! Thank you! I am thrilled you enjoyed this… and yes – these flowers do have a gentleness about them… even as they fall they seem to whisper secrets to us….thus the inspiration for my poem :) ~ Love and Appreciation always, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM

7. applause.. as I stand in admiration.. “encore, encore” can be heard by the crowd and specially from me.. flowers tossed and bouquets presented.. the crowds continue to stand and applaud, “more more” they shout, as Robyn acknowledges their admiration in her normal shy way.. the following days headlines read “Another brilliant performance by the ever present Robyn” .. I love it.. what more can be said??

May 23, 2013 at 3:51 AM

• Now I am really blushing dear bulldog! Thank you my wonderful friend. I bow in appreciation for your most generous words today. I love the vision you have created in your comment … “flowers tossed…” :) I am delighted to know you enjoyed this – and know you are a perfect example of one who lives life to the fullest – appreciating all the small gifts life reveals to us each day. I could not resist writing on this topic after witnessing the cherry blossoms over their short one week visit here. Love and Blessings, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

8. Its so petite. So soft. So beautiful..

May 23, 2013 at 6:09 AM

• Thank you dear Chatty! yes – these are such delicate blooms indeed… such radiant beauty, but only one week to enjoy them before they fall. I am so happy you enjoyed this. Love to you, RL

May 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM

9. Love the cherry blossoms, reminds me of the blossom rain shower my friend shared with me just recently. It was as beautiful as your words are here,
    Truly.
    Benjamin

May 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM

• Thank you so much dear Benjamin. Yes when the petals fall it is simply breathtaking. Have been rather smitten by the cherry blossoms this year for some reason…and grateful for the focus, as it has offered me greater insight into the concept of ‘ mono no aware. ‘

Here… will share this from the article I linked to on bottom of this post. There is also another image there of the tree in full bloom, so be sure to see.

“The sakura or cherry blossom tree is the epitome of this conception of beauty; the flowers of the most famous variety, somei yoshino, nearly pure white tinged with a subtle pale pink, bloom and then fall within a single week. The subject of a thousand poems and a national icon, the cherry blossom tree embodies beauty as a transient experience.”

So thrilled you enjoyed. Love, Blessings and Appreciation my friend,
      Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

10. What a truly brilliant piece Robyn. You have a wonderful way with words

May 23, 2013 at 6:15 AM

• Delighted that you enjoyed this dear Alastair! Thank you for your encouragement always. I appreciate! Love and Blessings, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM

• You’re welcome my friend. You always find ways to inspire

May 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM

11. Loved this piece and thank you for pointing me to mono no aware. It immediately captured my interest!

May 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM

• Very honored that this spoke to you Dann! Thank you for your generous words. The short visit by the cherry blossoms this week were such a gift, providing impetus for my focus on ‘mono no aware’ and the appreciation of all the small gifts of life we can sometimes overlook. Thrilled you enjoyed! Much Love to you and yours, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM

12. Delightful, Robyn, and thanks for sharing the info about Mono no Aware too.
    Love the photo also.

May 23, 2013 at 6:55 AM

• Thanks so much Victoria. I’m so happy you like this! Yes, I really enjoyed working with this concept as I enjoyed the beauty of the cherry blossoms this year… Only one week – they were here, and now have gone till next spring. Love to you always, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

13. Renee Braunstein

That was nice. I really liked the poem and loved the photo….. so pretty

May 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

• So glad you enjoyed the post Renee! I love the cherry blossoms too ~ they are so pretty. Wish they stayed longer than a week, but until next year just enjoying them while I can! ~ x Love to you, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM

14. I LOVE this, Robyn! Beautiful, beautiful words and lovely photo! Just this morning I noticed all the apple blossom petals on the ground here and thought “I should take some pictures of these.” This is the first sunny day we’ve had in ages, so I may go out and do just that… :)

May 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

• Thank you so much Julie!! Means a lot – especially knowing your relationship with all things ‘horticulture’ :) Yes — something about the petals after they have freshly fallen. I was actually there as they were coming down … like a rain shower or snow! Really brought me to a special place to be part of it… and thus my poem and photo here. So appreciate your wonderful comment dear friend! ~ x Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM

15. Dear Robyn,
    I love the depth of this poem! We should all awaken before it’s too, late and we miss the blossoms while they are on the tree. Even at that we could miss that one splashy special moment they linger beneath, as your photo has so beautifully captured. This is wonderful, Robyn! Thank you for sharing your special gift! Love and Love F-G-S _ Resa xo

May 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

• Dearest Resa, Thank you for being you! I’m so happy this spoke to you as it did. Your interpretation is exactly aligned with my intention while writing – and meditating on this concept of mono no aware. The cherry blossoms… mostly a metaphor for so many of life’s beautiful gifts … so easy to miss if we aren’t awake, or aware. I am thrilled you enjoyed it beloved F-G-S!! Love to you, Robynx ps: frame on the way! so excited :)

May 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

16. eGe

Some sleeps are very deep, it needs a lot of effort to wake one up.
    Really really wonderful poem. It was the beautiful photo catching my eye first, your poem making the back of my mind itch later :).
    Always looking forward to read your beautiful poetry. Have a nice day!

May 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

• Oh yes eGe… I agree, and it is rather sad; such a deep slumber that some miss out on many wonderful facets of this life. I imagine since you have been somewhat stirred by my post, and have an ‘itchy mind’ — that you are not one who sleepwalked through life : ) !! Thank you soo much for your lovely comment. Blessings and Love ~ RL

May 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM

17. Robyn i find sustenance, warmth, and light in this eloquent poem. tony

May 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

• Thank you kindly dear Tony.
      Knowing this warms my heart – truly.
      Love and Appreciation ~
      Aways,
      x Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

18. You’re writing always leaves me breathless! The angle of the photo was really creative also! You have so much talent my friend :D

May 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

• So much thanks Amanda. ‘Breathless’ is such an amazing compliment :) Also glad to know you thought the perspective on the shot was a good one!! ~ I thank you for such wonderful praise my friend ~ Blessings and Love, Robyn

May 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

19. The blossom trees are so abundant this year! I thought of blossoms as I was reading your poem and appreciate the viewpoint in which you chose your shot. Feel like I haven’t been in touch with you lately.Been busy hunting for work so it is good to pause and read your work again. thank you, Robyn! :)

May 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM

• Thank you Jane! Yes they were so beautiful this year here. I have been out on the bike daily and could not help notice how quickly they came and went. One day in full bloom, the next petal showers (that was day of photo) and then finally bare. Glad you like the perspective I chose to shoot the photo too – I thought it would be interesting! I hope all is well with your work-hunting expedition. Think of you always… Very glad to see you – and I loved your ducklings shots!! Much Love to you, Robyn

May 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

20. “Tomorrow ’tis too late”… I like this a lot. Brings up a lot of thoughts in my own head about the present moment and how much I try to do that these days. That photo is awesome by the way! Is that near your house? -AB

May 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM

• Thanks Arash! Yes – right around the corner actually — one of my bike outings… the petals were falling right before my eyes. Yes, best to stay with the present moment I think… awareness is key – and appreciation for whatever we can appreciate in any given moment (like these spring cherry blossoms) . I am so glad you enjoyed the photo… they are remarkable beautiful flowers and only have a 1 week life-span… so I’m glad I did not miss out! Sending lots of love your way, RL

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

21. A charming reminder to open our eyes. Blessings!

May 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

• Exaclty Noah!!! Thank you so much dear friend. Thrilled you enjoyed it. Much Love to you — RL

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

22. I took some photos of apple blossoms carpeting the lawn here on the folks’ property and thought they were lovely but you, dear Robyn, have found the perfect words to describe this beauty. :)

May 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

• Oh LuAnn- that is so wonderful that you took similar photos of the apple blossoms that fell! I’d never photographed this type of thing before. Just could not resist as I rode my bike each day wand realized their transition was occurring right before my eyes. The cherry blossoms bloom and fall all within one week! By the following day they were mostly all gone… the day I shot this they were coming down like rain — so beautiful. Thank you so much my beloved friend. I wish you a wonderful holiday weekend… take good care of you! Love, Robyn

May 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM

• Thank you Robyn. I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday weekend as well. Mine is going to include bike riding and lots of relaxation. :)

May 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM

23. So true dearest Robyn. If we blink, we can miss the beauty of Spring. It comes and goes all too quickly. Blessings and love to you. Robyn

May 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

• Thank you so much Robyn… exactly – -we can miss out on the beauty of so many things if we aren’t aware, and willing to open up to them. I felt luck to witness these cherry blossoms bloom and then fall all within one single week! So much love – have a glorious weekend~ x Robyn

May 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

24. it seems as if it were last week when i opened this page! forgive me for being tardy for my lack of ‘thumbs up’ for this lovely post, complete with an image of the ground soft with petals so tempting that one wants to roll around in them.. add poetic harmony, and there’s respite from a long day! z

May 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

• Hi dearest Lisa — you are not very tardy :) — I only posted this during the wee hours Thursday am. I am thrilled you enjoyed…. I was in awe of how quickly these blooms were here and now are gone. So important to appreciate and enjoy all these small gifts of nature. I loved the effect of them covering the green grass like carpeting. … and yes- would love to roll around in them too!! So delighted you liked the poetic accompaniment too — Have a restful wonderful weekend — So much Love – Robyn

May 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM

25. Oh so touching and beautiful! And photography is amazing!

May 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM

• Sofia, thank you so very much. I am so happy you enjoyed and truly appreciate your wonderful words today!!! ~ Love to you, Robyn

May 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

26. ……..for stirring still within my breath, the first redbud of spring……….. I love this, Robyn. I am a creature of season, in love with each. You speak so well of the falling and the birth beyond the break………. I truly love this. I’ve missed you, my friend. ~ Ever love, Bobbie

May 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

• Thank you so much Bobbie — yes – I know you are so aware of the beauty nestled deep within each season and each gift of nature. No doubt you don’t miss any of them!! Aware, you are! – and I hope you are enjoying your vacation as I type… somewhere warm and tranquil – sea breeze and salty air – somewhere — have a wonderful time!! Love, Robyn

May 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

27. Oyieeeee…! See the change in font style, you have portrayed it beautifully as always. Loved the mixed font style of the font as well. You could sense the feelings and emotions in such a profound manner, Robyn. Keep smiling!! :) :) :)

Rahul

May 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

• Thank you most kindly Rahul! I am so glad you enjoyed my encounter with these beautiful cherry blossoms. So many treasures in life come and go ~ we must all take a moment to appreciate them! I’m so grateful for your comment! ~ Love and Blessing and Smiles :) ~ RL

May 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM

28. Ill settle for a wave if the breeze shall pass
    but if the shore docks
    I will relax in the blissfulness of the sun set!!!! AB Inspired by RL

May 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

• That is just so lovely AB ~ I am honored that I might inspire you to create this wonderful verse. Yes — sunsets … you have reminded me to make a date with one soon. It’s been a while! :) Love to you — RL

May 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM

• Well, when night begins as day ends, you will meet your perfect blend of a relationship….enjoy the setting and take in the rising as well….Love to you also RL

May 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

• 🌅Thanks much AB!!!

May 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

29. I wish I have written that, is really wonderful, but in reality, I would not have written it since it is not in my mind at all. I would prefer for myself:
    like a spring that comes and goes, without whisper without words, to give the best of the colors and the songs, and to lead you into the summer with a blissful smiles.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful thought.

kc

May 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

• Thank you dear kc! That is just truly charming. I would have to agree — to just flow with spring – to appreciate all the colors and the songs… To embrace each precious moment…. The key is having awareness of the love she gives, to feel it. Then without a doubt, – summer will be all the sweeter! Love and Blessings ~ Robyn

May 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM

30. Wonderful, excellent written… :-)

May 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM

• Thank you so kindly dear Drake! 🍒🍒🍒🍒~RL

May 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM

31. How to describe this…thoroughly breezy and new, I love it, so free and wonderful, love it.

May 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM

• Thank you so much Ste! I am very honored you enjoyed… I got rather involved with the cherry blossoms this year… watching them bloom and then fall all within a week — we had a good heart-to-heart and thus, my poem :) ~ So grateful for your lovely words! ~ x RL

May 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

32. Such a beautiful serenade! I just makes a thousand smiles come alive! Your heart glows brightly through your words! They are such a delight to embrace in the morning , as they make a new day more wonderful! God bless Robyn…blessings and hugs!

May 28, 2013 at 4:52 AM

• Thank you dear Wendell! Yes – it is a bit of a serenade ~ calling us all to stop and appreciate those blessed moments, the gifts life presents us with on a daily basis (if we are willing to allow ourselves to take notice)… I am thrilled you enjoyed this, and so so so appreciate all your wonderful words today. ~ Much Love and Blessings Always, Robyn

May 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

33. silentfingers

Ahhhh… this felt like a fresh breeze. How gracefully you have composed this into one fine symphony. Really, dear Robyn, this felt like music to the heart! So so so very beautiful!

May 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

• Thank you so kindly dear friend. That is such a huge compliment. I often do feel almost “lyrical” when I’m working some of these image-inspired poems… I wish I could write music and put tunes to them!! I am honored that you enjoyed. Appreciation and Love to you ~ Robyn

May 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM

34. Reading again today…..just lovely

May 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

• Dearest wisejourney —
      I am so very touched that you came back to this ~ deep thanks.
      Truly delighted to know you enjoyed it! ~
      Much Love to you – Robyn

May 29, 2013 at 1:37 AM

35. The enchanting read and the charming scene of the tree thrilled my imagination intensely. I wonder how many flowers have I missed from this garden! Loved to come here Robyn ! though I’m late!

May 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM

• Soumyav, thank you so much for your wonderful comment. After exploring your blog some, I know you have the most beautiful imagination too, and somehow think you have not missed a thing! So happy for your visit — welcome anytime ~ my door is always open to loving souls like you! ~
      Warmest Wishes your way today and always, Robyn

May 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

36. Greetings My Friend,

I have nominated you for The Very Inspirational Blogger Award… Thank You for all you have done for me… :)

May 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

• Thank you so much dear friend. I am touched, and honored by your generosity.
      Much Love and Light to you always, Robyn

May 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

• It is a pleasure to offer this small token of my appreciation for you :)

May 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

37. This is a delight to read, Robyn! So exquisite and brilliant!
    Wonderful…and congratulations on such a beautiful writing! :)

July 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,348 other followers