Transform

changed into a bell,
into immensity,
into a piercing wind:
into a phosphorescent arrow,
into salt of the sky.

~Pablo Neruda

This riveting narrative by Pablo Neruda is a favorite of mine. Hope you enjoyed it alongside today’s feature image.

Have a great today!

~Robyn Lee

1. this is very fine

April 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM

• So glad you enjoyed Dean. Neruda has a special place in my heart so was a natural for this image.

April 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

• just fine, Robyn, especially with the words and the shadow showing…

April 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

2. Thanks Dean – my shadow, standing high on a very large rock! ;)

April 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM

3. Okay, tonight..my comments are so deep in thought and mentally fruitful so I ask that you forgive..in advance. But, the glamor photog in me, really appreicates the stance and the projected confidence in the shadow……

April 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM

4. Thank you Stan. I am glad you can see confidence in my shadow. I was in quite bit of pain on those rocks, and had no business being there…but it’s the fighter in me – and my “confident shadow” that could not resist the adventure. Climbing up on the largest rock I could find was the ultimate challenge – and of course pairing it Nuerda’s piece, which reminds me nothing is truly impossible – was just the icing:) I appreciate your comment – deeper than you think!! :)

April 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

5. I love this poem as well! well tied up with your photo ;)

April 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM

• Thanks so much poojycat! Yes – the poem just called to me with this image:)

April 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

6. The photo has the off kilter feel and then your shadow seems to reassure it…i really really (really) like this one :)

April 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM

• Really like your perspective on this. So my world is that way (off kilter) and maybe I need to just go stand on the rocks every now and then to center myself and get grounded! So glad you enjoyed the post – thanks for your great comment.

April 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

7. recoverythrumylens

Riveting image Robyn…feels like you can conquer anything…

April 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM

• Oh Thanks so much Meryl…. your comment means a lot. Now if I could figure out how to “grow wings” like the rocks in Neruda’s poem…hmmmm?

April 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

8. Another great photo – it’s an inspiring image to start off my day.

April 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM

9. braunrcb

Interesting photo and also the quote

April 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM

10. You made me remember when I walk in the bohemian neighborhood where Neruda lived in Santiago de Chile, imagine the steps him there.
    Adiós amiga…

April 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

• Wow… my daughters would definitely call you a ‘rock star’ now!! They love Argentina and Neruda – and you walked in his neighborhood in Chile too?! Thanks Carlos – always love to hear from you.

April 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

11. I love this image of your shadow rising up above, above the rocks, the sand and their hardness below. Also love that you’ve caught some of the rocks being transformed, themselves, with a veil of green moss.

April 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM

• Thanks KT! You’ve got a great eye. I also thought about the height, as I climbed up on a pretty tall rock for this one :) The moss does represent transformation of sorts – so that was great of you to appreciate. Now as I’ve been saying…need to learn to grow wings and soar!! :)

April 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

12. a strong self-portrait-and strong images in this poet’s work-the stories that stones can tell…

April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

• Thanks so much Jane! Your comments are always so great. I think I will need a weekly meeting with these stones from here on :)

April 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

13. Jeannie

I’ll never think of rocks the same way again. :)

April 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM

14. What a moving composition!! Your photography feeds my soul every day. Thank you!!!

April 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM

• Awww… Thanks Erran-makes me so happy to hear that.

April 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

15. I love this! Excellent Robyn

April 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM

• Thanks so much Cynthia. Special one for me too… :)

April 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM

16. you and your shadow have become a wonderful part of this magnificent landscape Robyn … :)

April 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

• Aww…thanks Jim. So happy to have been a part of it!! :)

April 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,343 other followers